Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today

Today is unlike any other.

I see you in true light, originating from the vastest depths of my mind, I seem to be unkind..

Taking my life away, I feel I must cast myself astray,

Together in pain, forever separate from parallel paths.

Love has done unto me a vigorous task, always hoping, never knowing,

where you and I stand, forever in trust, but far from eternal dust.

I love you, admire you, cherish you and desire you.

Not mine to keep, yet continually you seep through my thoughts,

I dare not sleep, for the night brings images of your wit and sorrow.

I deem you a saint, from heaven above. Yet, to me you will never be-

For our hearts have been soiled by past indulgences.

I crave redemption from my own foolish pride, I wish that we could walk together, slow pace, in a unison stride.

I bare not but one apology to you, rationality meets idealism, leaving me in between all that can be foreseen and forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment