Sunday, September 27, 2009

Java Joe

For my first official blog I would like to welcome all readers into the world of awe and wonder. Have you ever seen, heard, or felt something that was just a mystery to you? Have you ever wondered or been curious about something, but then just let it slide? If you are answering YES to these questions, I am in the same boat as you!

Often enough I stumble across a certain thing that sparks my curiosity, but I let it go. So, as a solution to this I have decided to dedicate my blog to exploiting all my curiosities that you might share with me, in hopes of reaching an explanation to those weird daily things that leave your mind puzzled.

A cup of coffee never used to be part of my diet before coming to university, but ever since I have dived into a relationship with Weldon library, I find myself needing a mug of java to keep me going. Now that I am a dedicated coffee drinker, I ask myself this question: Is there any benefit to drinking coffee other than the quick dose of alertness it brings? Some of you may be wondering the same thing, since we always hear negative statements about coffee like it stunts your growth. Well, I have found the answer. According to the book, "Why do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?" written by Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg, M.D, the answer is yes!

Coffee has an additional positive property that can help any unergrad or graduate when it comes to exam times. Not only does it keep you awake with a jolt of energy, studies have proved that coffee can actually help improve memory. So, with midterms fast approaching come the end of September, the real question is should YOU go out and drink 5 cups a day to increase your chances of remembering that trick question answer? The answer is no, unfortunatey for those who are daily coffee drinkers, the more accustomed your body is to the stimulant, the less likely it is to improve your memory. Coffee as a memory enhancer has only been documented to work for those who are not regularly drinking java joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment