Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tech Fast

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go a WHOLE three days without access to any sort of TECHNOLOGY we utilize on a daily basis?

I know a lot of people have gone on "technology fasts", but over the past long weekend I experienced it first hand. Basically, I did not have access to the internet for three days while I was in Montreal visiting my grandmother. I kept thinking, "I have to do my blog!" and I just simply could not, so I apologize for the late posts!

Also, my grandmother has one t.v that was occupied my by eight year old sister the whole time, so I did not watch any television, however I did finish a good book, Briar Rose by Jane Yolen.

This whole experience got me thinking about how reliant we are on technology. Looking at my sister, I am amazed by her knowledge of the internet. When she was six years old, she was talking to friends on msn, she uses Youtube more than I do, and she is online playing games and downloading music! For all those born in the late 80's, we were not doing this sort of thing. At her age I was outisde building mudpies and dressing up in my mother's high heels.

It is interesting to note how times have changed so drastically, in such a short period of time. When I think about the rate that we are progressing in terms of technology, my imagination conjures up an image of a future filled with teleportation and flying cars...

Check out this video! DID YOU KNOW (fun facts all about technology and our future)

No comments:

Post a Comment