Monday, November 9, 2009

Kick Winter Blues



Could winter be fantastical, rather than dreary?

I am reading Lois Lowry's, "The Giver" for the second time and I came across a quote - in refrence to winter.

"How could you describe a sled without describing a hill and snow; and how could you describe a hill and snow to someone who had
never felt height or wind or that feathery, magical cold?"

In this novel, Jonas is part of a society of sameness and he is the receiver of memories.

Imagine a Canadian Christmas, without frost tinted windows and snow blanketing the barren trees...

I know all of those who share this country can picture the above quite vividly.
We should be thankful that we get to experience the chilling side of mother nature; the step before rejuvenation.

This winter season, to lighten up and warm the soul, re-create the snow into something mystical. After all

tis' the season to be jolly :)

1 comment:

  1. Winter is beautiful, but I would give ten winter for one summer, and I think everyone agrees when I say summer rule.

    ReplyDelete