Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tech Wow

Picture provided by Slipperybrick.com


So, I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to new technologies.

I like to consider myself a little bit old fashioned. You know, choosing a notebook and pen over my laptop, but I was enlightened last night.

I was walking my dog and it was very dark out. I live by a lot of forest, so the path I was on was quite eerrie. As I was walking, I started to formulate a short story in my mind, but had nothing to write my ideas down.

I automatically thought WOW if I had a Blackberry than this wouldn't be a problem.

It got me thinking more deeply about the benefits of emerging technologies and web 2.0. Usually I am anti-tech because I hold the belief that it is detaching humanity from the natural world.

But, this one moment may have changed my views...
Because I really wish I had something to record my ideas when I was walking.

So, maybe technology can be fantastic. I just think there has to be a balance.

Say I was just checking emails and chatting and face booking on my imaginary blackberry while walking the dog - I wouldn't have experienced the moment of inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment