Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Calico Heavens

For my blog, I am going to post something a bit different today.

I am a writer, I love to write. My passion lies in poetry and I have been creating such pieces for a while now. I have never exposed my work outside of classes, so today is going to be the first time!

Here is a short poem I wrote about a year ago that is one of my favorites.

Calico Heavens

Beautiful, the weather is today.
A spectrum of colours, ceaseless light,
continuous harmony.
The Aurora Borealis seems deem in disguise

Peculiar happenings, feelings of devotion.
Mist lingers, gray and damp.
Darkness bathes behind your eye,
Clenching lukewarm hands around my throat.

Northern winds drift, southern warmth seeps in-
wind can not be silenced during departure.
Curiously, I coast towards you.

Yellow sun you bare my life,
Rid my conscience of strife.
Temporarily -
Until the mountains swallow your gold.

1 comment: