Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Music Madness

The state of the mainstream music industry is a disaster...

From short skirts to flashy bling to voice edited singing, what has happened to TALENT?

I don't know about you guys, but the only time I open my ears to mainstream music is at the bar because I really don't have a choice in the matter.

Now a days, I feel like anybody can become famous in the music industry. The new thing seems to be voice editing so musicians sound like robots. How is this talent? It's not.

I feel like back when records were still in use is when music was at its purest. There was no fancy technology to altar a voice, it was just PURE rock and roll. Sweat, blood, and tears ya know? I have a record player and I love it.

The cracking of the sound, the spinning of the record, the nostalgic feeling it omitts..I'd much rather pop on a Steely Dan record then turn Much Music on to see the latest robot voice!

In reaction to mainstream music, I compiled a list of artists that beat the buzz:

1. Anita O'Day (1950s jazz)
2. Steely Dan (If you love to groove)
3. Bob Marley (classic)
4. Crosby, Stills, and Nash (Folk)
5. Fleetwood Mac (if you love to dance)

No comments:

Post a Comment