Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Why Pay More

I was standing in the line for Subway on campus at The University of Western Ontario and the first thing I noticed was that the prices are higher then a normal Subway off campus...

I don't understand why and I want to know why.

How is it that corporate fast food eating joints, like Subway or Harveys can jack the prices of regular menu items if the store happens to be located on a university campus?

If anything, the prices should remain the same as anywhere else, or be mildly cheaper. Why do I say this? Mostly because University students are on a tight budget (some of us at least) and because OUR university is promoting THEIR company -- free advertising. We don't have a choice over Subway or Quiznos because Subway is the only choice...Since we are sort of running a monoploly over fast food eateries, why are we paying more...

If anyone has some insight into this, please leave a comment. I am very curious. I also intend on seeking some answers and posting them in a later blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment